Laboratory of Theoretical Nuclear Physics
|Nikolay Minkov Petrov||Professor, Ph.D., D.Sc.||5637|
|Dimitre Nikolov Kadrev||Associate Professor, Ph.D.||5590|
|Martin Vasilev Ivanov||Associate Professor, Ph.D.||5553|
|Chavdar Jordanov Velchev||Assistant Professor, Ph.D.||5590|
|Kornelia Spasova Jordanova||Assistant Professor, Ph.D.||5553|
|Kalin Pavlov Drumev||Assistant Professor, Ph.D.||5625|
|Yulia Dancheva Mutafchieva||Assistant Professor||5639|
- Correlations in atomic nuclei and other many-fermion systems
- Theoretical studies of collective and single-particle states in atomic nuclei and other many-fermion systems.
- Contemporary issues and methods in the theoretical nuclear physics.
- Application of classical and quantum algebras to investigations of the properties and the structure of atomic nuclei and molecules.
- Quantum-mechanical and stochastic density-functional approaches for studies of the structure and dynamics of atoms, molecules and crystals.
- Joint project: "Local density and momentum distributions of nucleons in atomic nuclei" with the Nuclear Physics Laboratory, Department of Physics, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom.
- Joint project: "Nucleon correlations in nuclei" with the Theoretical Physics Department, University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Joint project: "Nuclear structure effects at direct and preequilibrium emission of particles in nuclear reactions" with the Department of Heavy Ion Physics, National Institute of Physics and Nuclear Engineering, Bucharest, Romania.
- Joint project: "Theory of atomic nuclei, of many-particle systems and nuclear dynamics" with the Laboratory of Theoretical Physics, Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Dubna Russia.
- Joint project: "Effects of nuclear medium and structure of the barions" with the Institute of Theoretical Physics II, Ruhr-University Bochum, Bochum, Germany.
- Joint project: "Density functional theory and the reduced density matrix and their application to the study of many-electron systems" with the Centre of Applied Wave Mechanics and the Laboratory of Chemical Physics, Paris, France.
- Joint project: "A New Approach to Large Scale Nuclear Structure Calculations" with Instituto de Estructura de la Materia, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain.
International Workshop on Nuclear Theory
International Workshop on Nuclear Theory is held at a pictures hotel in the Rila Mountains for about 40 participants. The Workshop takes place every year in the second week of June since 1980. It is organized by the Theoretical Nuclear Physics Group of the Department of Theoretical Physics in the Institute of Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences and the Faculty of Physics of the University of Sofia "St. Kliment Ohridsky".
History and materials from previous years
Eleventh International Workshop on Nuclear Theory
Rila Mountains, Bulgaria
June 14-19, 1992
From June 14-19, 1992, the 11-th Workshop on nuclear theory was held at the Scientific House of the Sofia University ''St. Kliment Ohridsky'' in the Rila Mountains.
The Workshop was partly supported by the Bulgarian National Science Foundation under contracts Phi - 32 and Phi - 10